Apple Inc | NASDAQ: AAPL
Pending 2019 Q3 earnings release on 7/30/2019
Below is an example Simplified Company Analysis and Company Valuation Model for Apple.
For access to the Simplified Company Analysis and Company Valuation Ranges (low / mid / high) for all our covered companies, please sign up for our Basic Plan. For access to the Company Valuation Models, which also gives Pro Members the power to change key assumptions and view the impact on the company's valuation real time, please sign up for our Pro Plan
Chart Sources: Annual 10-K's, Quarterly 10-Q's and Press Releases
The key takeaways from the below charts are as follows:
- The iPhone accounts for over half of Apple's total sales revenue
- The majority of Apple's sales are generated in the Americas segment
- The Americas segment is Apple's most profitable
If you choose to invest in Apple, pay close attention to Apple's iPhone sales in the Americas segment.
Valuation models can become quite lengthy and complex. However, at the end of the day the value of a company boils down to two simple questions:
- Is the company making more money (growing sales revenue)?
- Is the company efficiently making more money (do they have a high operating margin)?
The model allows you to see how changing a few basic assumptions (green cells) impacts the valuation of the company.