Monthly Archives: January 2018

100 Years of Bitcoin – A Cost Story

Summary It will take 100+ years to mine all the Bitcoin but over 90% will be mined by 2020 The average electricity cost of mining the first 90% is about $10 billion (~$516 / Bitcoin) Mining the remaining 10% brings... Read More

Bitcoin’s Built-in End Date

Bitcoin has a built-in end date due to one of its most touted benefits, the hard cap.  The hard cap for the number of Bitcoins is 21 million coins and for this reason Bitcoin will eventually become a worthless asset.... Read More